Welcome to our Publisher Spotlight! Could you please tell us a little bit about yourself and the company you work for?
Hi, I’m Philippa Mathers, Head of Commercial Partnerships at WeGift. A fun fact about me? I taught myself HTML coding as a teen, to start the Karl Kennedy online fan club (thanks Geocities)
WeGift is an Incentive Marketing platform. We help businesses acquire, retain and activate customers using digital gift cards. We also power gift card platforms to help companies to reward their employees and members.
Our customer base is diverse – from large B2C companies like Vodafone, Eon and uSwitch to fast scaling tech companies like Monese, Look After My Bills and Habito.
Nice to meet you, Philippa! Could you tell us what WeGift’s core business values are?
We believe in hiring the best people, creating the conditions for success, and then getting out of their way. Our culture is our shared set of values, expected behaviours and understood norms. Here’s what we expect from ourselves and each other.
- Build Trust – Put the team first, give it all you got
- Dive Deep – Challenge what’s in front of you. The right answer over being right
- Adapt and Overcome – Persevere and get creative. There’s no such thing as can’t
- Master Your Craft – Take initiatives to exceed expectations.
- Enjoy the Ride – Be real. We work hard and have fun doing it.
The best people build the best products. And our team is killing it.
Sounds great, so tell us what would you say are the biggest benefits for an advertiser working with WeGift & which advertisers do you work best with?
We help businesses acquire customers at scale, lower their cost of acquisition and boost ROI.
Incentive Marketing is a game-changer. It has become one of the most effective marketing channels for businesses who are in highly-competitive markets. Put simply, customers like rewards. So, if you offer them a gift card incentive to sign up – they will!
What makes our platform attractive?
- Choice – with over 700 brands in 30 countries on the platform, you can pick the incentives that make the most sense for your target audience.
- Cost-Effective – we have market-leading discounts (5%-25%) on our gift card catalogue. Eg. Businesses can offer a £20 gift card that only costs them £15. This makes a huge difference when running large acquisition campaigns.
- Ease of use – We take out all the hassle of running gift card campaigns with our simple digital platform.
Do you have any requirements or restrictions for advertisers to work with you?
All of the advertisers we work with must be able to locate the unmute button on a zoom call
What exciting plans does WeGift have coming up in the following months?
We’re currently expanding in the US and Canada! On the Product side, we are creating more tools to create more effective incentive marketing campaigns. And finally, we are hiring more talented people to support clients.
This all sounds very exciting, so my next question is, do WeGift have any upcoming opportunities that you’d like to share?
We’ve seen a considerable increase in engagement from consumer taking up incentive offers, in these times everyone needs a little extra in their pocket. On average, clients are now spending 25% more on incentives than they were 12 months ago and seeing a 30% increase in ROI.
Incentive Marketing has become one of the most exciting channels for customer acquisition marketing. Check out our free guide to learn more about this!
How would you sum up WeGift in one word?
I can do it in two –
Finally, one more question, can you tell us one fun fact about your business?
At one point, our team spoke more languages and had more passports than we had people! (we were 15 people with 21 passports and 23 languages)
Wow, that’s a lot of passports! Thanks, Philippa for taking the time to speak with us